Feature Request

Feedback for Q Insight Pad usage

Feature Request

Postby jpl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:21 am

Hello Oleg,

Thanks for a very useful and thought out app. Although I understand qPad is not meant to be a charting tool, as you know, an image is often worth a thousand words. I use them often for quick visual data assessment, but have to switch application. Some suggested fixes/improvements of qPad's <graph> capabilities:
- Most importantly(!), remove the gaps created when charting at resolution higher than daily data spanning more than 24 hrs. (e.g. a 4-day chart of minute data will show 3 large gaps with a line linking the start and end points of each gap);
- Allow changing the background color of the graph area;
- Graph sub-pane (ex volume) with its own scale;
- And finally... a "candlestick" graph type.
I know that's a lot:-)

Cheers and thanks again,
JP
jpl

Re: Feature Request

Postby Oleg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:45 am

Hi, JP!

I don't use any 3rd party control for drawing. There's an upside - can draw millions of datapoints resultsets and navigate (zoom & pan) across them fast & easy.
But of course, there's a downside as well :) if I need to do something I got to do it from scratch.
Also, as you could have noticed, it's a completely unfunded effort on my part, so can't promise everything that you want will be done :)
But some easy stuff - why not?

Link to the beta of the next version in What's cooking post.
It's now possible to change background color

Cheers,
Oleg
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby jpl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank you Oleg,
That was a quick fix!
No worries for the rest (maybe with the exception of the gaps/lines between trading sessions? ;)), I know this is sort of a <would be nice> kind of thing...
Cheers
JP
jpl

Postby jpl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Oops!

Forgot to mention in my initial email another small (hopefully) request: a resizable graph window...

Cheers!
JP
jpl

Return to Feedback