Can you support Chinese?

Feedback for Q Insight Pad usage

Re: Can you support Chinese?

Postby Oleg » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi, Flying!

Sorry for the long wait, but I hope it was worth it. Please get new version from the What's Cooking post of the forum, see if it works as you want it to.
Should recognize UTF-8 with and without leading BOM on load, 1st option for save was changed to BOM-less UTF-8 saving, others are as they were.

Cheers,
Oleg
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby Flying » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:10 am

Hi, Oleg!

Thanks for the follow-up. I have tested your latest beta release, and I'm so far very satisfied with the changes -- utf-8 encoded Chinese (as well as some other Asian languages) is finally working fine. Saving to BOM-less .q script is working flawlessly, too.

The only minor 'complaint' that I still have is about the default button in the save file dialog. May I request that we make the default option 'Yes' instead of 'No'? Since saving to BOM-less UTF-8 would never hurt a file in ANSI encoding, it should be a safe choice to make (and this can save me the trouble of 2 <tab>'s before each file save). ;)

Thanks again for your great contribution!

Cheers,
Flying
Flying

Postby Oleg » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:27 am

Flying wrote:May I request that we make the default option 'Yes' instead of 'No'? Since saving to BOM-less UTF-8 would never hurt a file in ANSI encoding, it should be a safe choice to make (and this can save me the trouble of 2 <tab>'s before each file save). ;)

Sure, done.
Beta build was updated.

Cheers,
Oleg
Oleg
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Feedback